Pinellas County men and women want to feel confident and look their best in their favorite clothes or when hitting the beach. But that’s not possible for many people. Often, men and women in the area find themselves with a bulge or pooch that just won’t go away no matter how much they diet or exercise. It shows at the beach. It shows in tighter fitting clothes. And it certainly shows in intimate moments. And this excess skin and fat can really do a number on a person’s self-esteem and confidence. If this sounds like you, a tummy tuck with Dr. Moraitis of Moraitis Plastic Surgery might be just the thing to get you the body you want and deserve.
What Is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck, medically known as an abdominoplasty, is designed to improve the contour and shape of the abdomen through the removal of excess skin and fat. In many cases, abdominal muscles that are weakened or have separated during pregnancy, are also repaired during a tummy tuck procedure at Moraitis Plastic Surgery. When your tummy tuck is complete, you will be left with an abdomen that is beach ready year-round.
During the tummy tuck procedure at Moraitis Plastic Surgery, Dr. Moraitis will make an incision from hip to hip on your abdomen. This gives him full access to the skin and muscles that need to be corrected during the surgery. This incision sits below the bikini line, so there will not be a visible scar when you’re showing off your new look.
After making the incision, Dr. Moraitis will examine your abdominal muscles to determine if they need to be repaired. If you are a Pinellas County mom who was left with a pooch after pregnancy that won’t go away no matter what you try, it is likely you are suffering from separated abdominal muscles, also known as diastasis recti. Thankfully, Dr. Moraitis will be able to repair those muscles during your tummy tuck procedure and remove that frustrating bulge.
After he has repaired your abdominal muscles, Dr. Moraitis will remove the excess skin and fat from your abdomen. By removing this excess skin and fat, his Pinellas County patients are left with the nice, tight abdomen they’ve so desired. Once this is complete, your new look will be done, and your tight tummy will be ready to show off!
Types of Tummy Tuck Procedures
You and Dr. Moraitis will discuss your specific needs during your consultation, and he will be able to determine the appropriate procedure for your tummy tuck. There are a variety of techniques that can be used, but the most common types of tummy tuck procedures for men and women in Pinellas County are:
- Mini Tummy Tuck – during a mini tummy tuck, Dr. Moraitis tightens the skin and muscles from the belly button down. This procedure is ideal for patients who only have a small amount of excess skin and fat.
- Standard Tummy Tuck – this traditional tummy tuck is used when Pinellas County patients need to remove a larger section of skin from the rib cage down. This procedure is typically used on men and women who have excessive sagging skin after having lost a significant amount of weight, or for women who have leftover loose skin after pregnancy. If desired, liposuction can be performed during a standard tummy tuck to remove excess fat. Typically, the belly button will be repositioned on the abdomen during a standard tummy tuck since a large amount of skin and fat are excised.
- Extended Tummy Tuck – during an extended tummy tuck, Dr. Moraitis will make a longer incision from hip to hip that will then extend around your hips and down toward your back. An extended tummy tuck is used on patients in Pinellas County who have excessive skin on their abdomen, flanks, hips and lower back. Typically, liposuction is used during an extended tummy tuck to help remove excess fat and drain fluids from the area. The belly button will also need to be relocated during an extended tummy tuck, as the patient has experienced major changes to their shape and contour.
Tummy Tuck Candidates
In order to be considered for a tummy tuck procedure at Moraitis Plastic Surgery, Dr. Moraitis wants to be sure you’re an ideal candidate for the procedure. After all, your overall health is his primary concern. Before your tummy tuck procedure, you need to:
- Be in good overall general health
- Be in good psychological health
- Communicate to Dr. Moraitis that you have realistic expectations for your surgery results
- Be a non-smoker, or promise to quit smoking 6 weeks before and after your surgery, as smoking can complicate the procedure and slow down your recovery process
Choosing Dr. Moraitis for Your Tummy Tuck Procedure
Dr. Moraitis is known in Pinellas County for his keen aesthetic eye and attention to detail. His desire to help you be the best version of yourself is what drives him.
If you’re ready to get the flat tummy you’ve been dreaming of, pick up the phone and call Moraitis Plastic Surgery today at (727) 773-9796. His friendly staff will help you schedule your initial consultation to discuss the tummy tuck procedure in detail with Dr. Moraitis himself.